Friday, March 16, 2012

What I'm Digging

Happy Friday, friends! We three Englishes arrived in lovely, quaint, damp Portland, Maine this afternoon. Huxley was a total rock star on the flights, playing on the Asheville-Atlanta flight and then sleeping for all but the last 20 minutes of the Atlanta-Portland flight! We found an adorable French cafe for dinner (savory crepes! sweet crepes!) and then gorged on local gelato for dessert. We're totally tuckered out and looking SO forward to heading to the Soule homestead in the morning. 

Here's a smattering of this's and that's that caught my attention this week:
*Grapefruit olive oil cake (via Heidi).
*My go-to jam this past week.
*Loving this new (to me) blog.
*Corned beef and cabbage!
*Grow it, then drink it.
*Sweet Paul's spring issue is so, so lovely.
*Cheddar and Guiness beer bread? Have mercy!
*Gwyneth has caught the buzz!
*Great recipe for all-natural homemade play dough.
*Exquisite naturally dyed eggs.

I'm so excited to meet some of the other Taproot contributors at Longfellow Books on Sunday. If you're in the area, do stop by and say howdy. It's sure to be a great time.

Wherever you go this weekend, whatever you do, whomever you do it with, may it be grand!







4 comments:

Katy @ The Non-Consumer Advocate said...

Wow, I somehow think it's going to be like a reunion of twins separated at birth! (Both for you and "the hubs.)

Katy

Jessie K said...

He's getting so big! I love his "power clashing" shirt combo.

cpcable said...

So glad the flight went well! I've never flown with a little one and it does intimidate me so. :)

barefoot mama said...

Such wonderful links...thank you!