Friday, November 18, 2011

What I'm Digging

Hi friends! Happy Friday!

I'm experimenting with a new weekly feature here on small measure. All week long, a good chunk of my work time is spent online, reading blogs, discovering new websites, and getting inspired by images found there. I thought it might be fun to gather up some of my findings and corral them into a weekly round-up here, entitled "What I'm Digging."

Here's what left me hungry, contemplative, motivated and excited this week!:
*Peanut Butter & homemade muesli cookies on Elaine's blog
*This solstice book
*Photos of her train trip to the Scottish Highlands on Hannah's blog  (I did this exact same ride in August '06; proof can be found here)
*Enjoying this New Belgium Snow Day Winter Ale
*Fresh figs & caramelized onions! Garden Betty's pizza
*This should go in my crock! Homemade sauerkraut
*These mushroom ornaments need to be on our holiday tree
*A great piece on some of the challenges facing young farmers
*Sorghum caramels!!!
*These children's booties (thanks to Amanda for the link!) would keep our little dude warm

Also, as of 11-11-11 (thanks ever-so-easy-to-remember date, buddy!), Huxley is now walking. And, although he looks like a zombie while doing so (with his tiny arms outstretched for balance), and although there are many spills and falls en route, he's doing a great job. And he's keeping me busier than ever!

Wherever you go this weekend, whatever you do, may it be grand!

9 comments:

Michele said...

Yay for walking!!!!!

I'm so proud. (smile)

Grace said...

Thanks a lot, Ashley. I went to look at that Winter Solstice book and ended up doing a big retail therapy shop! Lol. I needed it after my day at work today. Also, I got the book used for 38 cents. How could I say no to that?

I suspect Santa is bringing me a crock, so I will get my sauerkraut on after the holidays.

Go Huxley! Mom and Dad are in trouble now!

Kate said...

Snow Day is SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

EcoGrrl said...

love the suggestions - and this time last year i too was on a train ride to the scottish highlands - during the storm of the century with 3' of snow covering everything - trippy to see it snow-free :)

Bee Girl said...

Congrats on the first steps, Huxley (and Momma)!!! My daughter started walking on Christmas day (1995), so I love easy-to-remember dates, as well :-)

amanda said...

those swedish moccasins really are the best! need to get some more for my girl who insists on pulling off her socks ;-)

elisa said...

oh yes, now it will be very busy!! such a delight. my first started walking in the middle of a wedding reception, perfect for the greatest amount of attention! x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links - those cookies look great! Just the thing for a quiet evening at home.

Puppy Mish said...

Interesting reaad