Friday, April 15, 2011

Mama Love!

Here in the States, it's not just Tax Day, it's also my Mom's birthday! Sending out big love to Huxley's "Gigi."

I'm baking her this cake, which I plan to layer with orange curd and strawberry jam and cover over in lemon buttercream. Tomorrow my brother, sister-in-law and nephew are driving up from Charlotte to mom's place in Burnsville for a big family meal. We'll be feasting on Hubs' incredible fried chicken, mashed potatoes and, you guessed it, peas!

Happy day, Mom! See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! I am sure she is going to love that beautiful cake on her big day. I am a new reader to your blog, which I found through the WWC Magazine and so glad I found another NCarolinian! By the way, I tried your Honey Pie this weekend and it was a complete success. Thank you for a beautiful recipe.

Angie @ Cocina Diary

Floressence Flowers said...

YAY! My Mom's birthday is tax day too!!!

oukay said...

Now I know what our Easter dessert is going to be!