Monday, May 24, 2010

A Little Slice of Provence





I mentioned last weekend that I'd be heading out to the 3rd class in the 4-part series on organic gardening I'm taking at Red Wing Farm. What a delight it is to visit Beth and Christopher's place. I always feel like I've been transported to the south of France, where most meals are taken outdoors, trees sway languidly in gentle breezes, everything grows in such lush abundance that it's almost scandalous, and wildlife abounds.

Idyllic hardly even begins to capture the essence of the place. It's transportive. Otherworldly. Bucolic beyond belief. In short, I love it and I adore Beth and Christopher and will gladly find any and every excuse to traipse through their gardens, gaze at their yurt/dome (known as a "yome"), sit aside their former-horse-barn-converted-into-a-home, and learn how it is that they've cultivated their sage and seasoned gardening prowess. I'd encourage you to do the same, should you find yourself in this corner of the world.

*To see more from our visit to Red Wing, take a peek here.

**Sorry for the brief interlude in posts. We got some potentially scary news from test results on "nugget" last week. I've been mentally pre-occupied like you wouldn't believe. A trip to Charlotte this past Tuesday for a round of additional tests confirmed yesterday that nugget is healthy and growing up splendidly. It also informed us that our squirmer is a boy! Bring the ruckus, little man! We're ready to rumble!

8 comments:

Milkweed said...

Thanks so much, Ashley. I've just been thinking I should post some more garden photos but so busy with spring planting that I haven't done it yet ... so appreciating your eye, your camera, and your kind words!

DarcC said...

Glad to hear your scare with nugget-boy turned out to be a false alarm.

Fresh Eggs Farm said...

I've been following your blog for a while now - found you through http://ecogrrlnetwork.blogspot.com/ - I'm sorry you had a scary time - but glad things are ok.
BOYS are SO MUCH FUN! We have five children and two are boys - very different, very amazing, very fun BOYS!

Unknown said...

Enjoying whatever you have to write whenever. : )

Congrats and glad all is well, boys are fun!!

~Andrea~

Kimberly said...

Many congratulations! How exciting! With a nine month-old boy, I can attest that boys are such curious, exuberant, joyous little creatures.

Morgan G (grounded) said...

Happy to hear that you have a happy and healthy (boy) bun in your oven. Seeing the world again for the first time through the eyes' of a little boy will undoubtedly bring so much adventure!

Anonymous said...

Great news about the baby! Stay well and enjoy these amazing times.

Jodi Rhoden- Short Street Cakes said...

Love you, Ashley! I'm blogging about you right now. xo