Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Behind the Fork

From butter to ghee.
Angling for the shot.
Hot potato.
Our homage to Julie Child and her love of butter.
D.I.Y. cheesepress (that's a wheel of cheddar-made yesterday-nestled inside that cheese mold.

More backstage shots from the photo shoot for "Home Dairy", book #3 in the "Homemade Living" series. Day number two. One more day and 19 shots left-at least, for this round of photos, that is. We'll be back at it again next month, then it's on to images for book #4, "Keeping Bees."

It's shaping up to be another beautiful book. I cannot begin to express my continued amazement and gratitude for being paired up with such a talented, cooperative, inspired, and inspiring group of individuals.

I'm just happy to be along for the ride. And, of course, for the chance to eat so much butter.

8 comments:

Anna said...

I love seeing the behind the scenes shots! It must be amazing to be part of that and to have all of your work captured so well. I very much look forward to your book -- I make some dairy products at home but haven't gotten too far into cheese making at home because it seems kind of complicated and intimidating. I suspect that your book will be a great guide to learning more!

EcoGrrl said...

shut up, that looks so good. i am psyched for this one. when's the tour chica????

ashley english said...

hi aimee! not sure on the tour. we're waiting to see what comes of the publicity blitzkrieg my publicist is waging first. i'll make it your way eventually, though!

Anonymous said...

The book sounds great. Can't wait.

Chroma Lab said...

This is really exciting! I can't wait to see more as you move forward.

CBnAVL said...

>Anne. I've been styling shots for the shoot and can attest to the fact that cheese-making is NOT hard. IT's really fun. Like alchemy. Ashley has made me a believer!

Jessie K said...

Ashley: Congrats on your canning book!! It looks awesome! I just bought a copy. Well done!!!! (Where did you learn SOOO much about canning, bee keeping, chicken rearing and cheese making???) Best, Jessie

ashley english said...

Jessie-In the words of Sir Issac Newton, "If I have seen a little further it is by sanding on the shoulders of Giants." Research, experimentation, and livin' it!