Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Backstage

Nectarines, quark and honey.
Chris's living room/silhouette-staging arena.
A prop for every shot.
We're back at it again! I've been scarce around here because I've been prepping like mad for three days of photo shoots on book #3 in the "Homemade Living" series, "Home Dairy" (to be published spring 2011). We began yesterday, back at the home of Chris Bryant, Lark's formidably talented art director. Lynne Harty once again is working her magic behind the camera while Nicole McConville, editor extraordinaire, keeps us all on task. As for me, I'm the one at the stove, diligently tending to the curd.

Our crackerjack team is old hat by now, having previously worked together on both "Keeping Chickens" and "Canning & Preserving." We've got our work down to a science, completing no less than 44 shots on the first day! I'll post more photos as the week progresses. Oh, and I'll post the winner of the Rhubarb Chutney later in the day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing

Cat W. said...

Love it! Photo shoot setups amaze me... it's so crazy how one day a living room is a living room, and the next it's a backdrop for a perfect studio shot. I once saw the creative director from Gourmet talk about shooting French bistro scenes in a 10x10 apartment space. I can't wait to see the finished product!

tigress said...

good luck with all ashley!

Morgan G said...

How fun! I've never been "Behind the Scenes" on a food shoot. So cool! Wishing you all the best on this awesome project.

Amber Pixie Shehan said...

Isn't it fun? Living with a professional photographer has it's benefits...having someone throw a dress at you and exclaim "Put this on the light is PERFECT HURRY!!!" and run outside is a funny sight.

Photo shoots are magical places for sure! :) Enjoy, and best of luck on your shoot!

Penny said...

Looks very cool!

My library has ordered "Keeping Chickens" and "Canning & Preserving."
I am hold for both and can't wait for them to come in. =)

Lynne Harty said...

Working with you, Ashley, is pure delight. Despite long shoot days you are always enthusiastic, incredibly organized, and a real team player. So glad to be the photographer of "your" team for the Homemade Living series!
Being treated to all those dairy yummies was fun too.